Thursday 30 June 2011

Ste to hit number One on Sunday

Today, saw the long-awaited release of Puff Garry's tribute to the Notorious LGRE, adapted from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRLgO0RC4kY). The new lyrics were written by rapping artist Dickie Bo'. They are reproduced below for those who wish to sing along.........

Verse One and Chorus: Puff Garry aka Baggers (Yeah... this right hear... goes out to everyone who needs somebody to keep track of their list)

Seems like yesterday
Lee used to rock the show
He laced the track, for a long time I know
So far from hangin on the internet for dough
Lee, they got to know that
Listing ain't always what it seemed to be
Words can't express what you mean to me
Even though you may be gone, we still a team
Through your UK400 family, I'll fulfill your dream
In the future, can't wait to see
If you open up the inner circle for me
Reminisce some time, the night Bazooka J took my friend
Try to black it out, but it plays again
When it's real, feelings hard to conceal
Can't imagine all the pain you feel
Give anything to have half your list
I know I’m trying still to live your life, still ranked after Brett

Chorus: Baggers
Every step I take, every move I make
Every single day, every time I pray
I'll be listing for Lee

Thinkin of the days, when you went away
What a list to make, what mega may break
I'll be listing for Lee

Verse Two: Baggers

I miss you Lee
It's kinda hard with you not around
Know you in Chaffinch House smilin down
Watchin twitchers while I list for you
Every day I’ll list for you
Til the day we both twitch again
In my heart is where I'll keep you friend
Memories of that t-shirt in Cobh give me the strength I need to proceed
Strength I need to believe
My thoughts Lee I just can't define
Wish you could stop the internet and go back to the old listing times
Us in the ‘cressa, searchin for new yanks and ticks
Mike McDonnell and Keith Stone taking flicks
Makin lists, forums they receive you on
I still can't believe the list of lists is gone
Give anything to have half your ticks
You know I’ll still be living your life, after your data protection act death

Chorus: Baggers

Every tick I make, every mega to break
Every single day, every time John Lees and I go away
I'll be listing for Lee
Thinkin of the megas, when we twitched away
What a lot of trips to make, what to do when the next ‘Elegant Tern’ breaks
I'll be listing for Lee

Beaker (guest singer):

Somebody tell me why
One October Morning
When Baggers’ list is 550 UK400 or over
I knowI'll see Lee’s face

Baggers and Beaker Outro:

Every tick I make, every mega to break
Every single day, every time we twitch away
Every tick I make, every mega to break [Baggers]
Every mid 80s blocker that falls
Every move I make, every single day[Baggers] I
s a day that I get closer[Baggers]
To seeing you again

Every tick I make, every mega to break[Baggers]

We miss you Lee... and we won't stop
Every tick I make, every mega to break[Baggers]
Cause we can't stop... that's right

Every tick I make, every mega to break
Every single day, every time we twitch away[Baggers]

We’ll always love you Lee